Friday, June 23, 2017

chopping wood, carrying water

Yesterday was a super fun road trip day.  I don't always get to see my work after it is installed, but I decided to hire my favorite photographer, Jim Whetstone, and go see some of my recent projects.  Each stop was a great joy because I re-live memories of so many kids' stories.   Framing and installation always elevates the work that we did in the residency. This Milton Black Panthers' mosaic will have the frame painted black, presumably before school starts in the fall.  

The huge window above the panther made a really tough lighting situation for a photograph.  I just snapped this with my phone to show how light was bouncing around everywhere, EXCEPT on the mosaic where we wanted it.  I am really anxious to see what Jim was able to come up with.  Half of the four projects we went to involved mirror which makes things even more difficult.  Yeah, pro photos coming but I just couldn't wait. Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?  Are we there yet?

Check out Jim's work. On his home page, click on all galleries, then California light.  Whoah, right?  He's a really nice guy to work with.  Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment