Wednesday, November 4, 2009

now THIS is how you change a tire!

A picture is worth a thousand words. You might call it a bad day when your wheel falls off first thing in the morning but I am gonna tell you just how lucky I am! I was only about two miles from home and I started hearing a weird sound. I got out and looked underneath but saw nothing. I figured it would be best to head back home. It got worse fast so I decided to pull off the road. The second I got off the road, the van dropped! I got out and the wheel was laying beside me. I was LUCKY enough to have lost it while I was safely stopped. I couldn't get the jack under the axle and the jack is too short to be effective anywhere else. I saw a woman outside and asked if she had a jack so I could jack the thing up enough to get my own jack under the axle. I figured I could do this faster than AAA. LUCKILY she did not have a jack because she directed me to a neighbor's house. The neighbor just happened to have a handy little gadget (shown in photo) to pick up my van. Lucky for me, he also had a little tool to rethread the bolts that the errant tire stripped. So many things worked out. My daughter was home and could pick me up from the garage. I think the biggest thing I am glad for is that it didn't happen an hour earlier or later when I was on a 4 lane highway! I guess a good day depends on how you look at it

No comments:

Post a Comment