Wednesday, November 18, 2009

jungle flowers

I have said all along that I have no preference between mosaic and fused glass. I usually choose the application which would best illustrate what I am trying to get out. But lately all I think about is mosaic. The piece I am working on right now is mosaic-and the next two things that are lined up in my brain are both mosaic too. The latest mosaics I have done all have different thickness of glass so that some parts appear on the surface, while some seem deeper inside the work-sort of dimensional. Yet, the surface is flush.
A really cool thing happened last week. My cousin wrote to me and told me that her grade school daughter wanted to dress up as a glass artist for career day! AND...I got the "Student's Choice Award at the PaGuild's show this past weekend! Woop woop! Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Linda, congrats on the pa guild award! I like this piece alot. Great abstract composition and depth, Yet the surface is smooth, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I was there when the judge placed your winner's card on your pieces. I also voted for you.

    Keep up the good work. Have a good holiday. Hope to see you soon!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete