Wednesday, May 14, 2014

shaka brah!





Well, I finally finished "shaka."  What a joy it was to work in these colors, and THAT TEXTURE!  This is kind of my story in a nutshell.  There are a few fun inclusions within the mosaic that reference my love of board shorts and flip flops.  A while back, I read a book about the wisdom of the Tao.  Lao Tzu talks about the fact that water, which is so soft, can wear away stone.  Shaka is a surf term meaning- hang loose.  Yeah, perfect, right?  This whole work has been an illustration for me that things are going to work out.  You know I have to have fun with my signature so where is that??  Right up on top is billet, surfing through life.  Shaka brah!

4 comments:

  1. I love the texture too! And the meaning too, kind of a Don't worry be Happy! Mosaic
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the texture and the colors so that I can feel this work of art! Gorgeous, Linda!

    ReplyDelete